The Sports Ministry at Severn Run exists to connect people through team sports. It is not just for men or the athletically coordinated. We encourage everyone to come out and participate regardless of skill level or experience. We strive for connection over competition.
Current Teams To Join:
- We will play Sunday afternoons on the Severn Run Campus starting July 9, with games starting after our worship services.
- 6 week league, plus at least one week of playoffs
- Cost: $35 per person + $15 per jersey if you don't already have your team jersey
- The league is co-ed, and Severn Run usually makes up 2-3 teams. If you would like to play with a particular person, please indicate so in your registration.
- Must be at least 18 years old to join or 16/17 years old with parent permission.
Don't See What You're Looking For?
We participate in team sports on a seasonal basis. Here's a generic schedule of seasons:
- Softball in the summer
- Flag football in the winter
- Basketball in the spring
- Soccer in the spring
We also host monthly pick up games as weather allows. Keep an eye on the weekly program for info about our next game.
Sports Ministry Leaders:
Marc Mace: Marc has a heart for connecting people through sports. This passion began in high school when he spent his summer vacations volunteering at a youth summer sports camp. Marc loves playing any team sport, but his favorite is softball. He's a fan of the Texas Rangers, Pittsburgh Pirates, and Baltimore Orioles.