Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” - Proverbs 22:6 NIV
The Kids at Severn Run desire to help children become authentic Jesus followers by creatively revealing the love of the Father, through the life of the Son, in the power of the Spirit in a way that is fun, exciting, and age appropriate. We minister to the entire family by allowing adults to enjoy the service while kids are playing and learning Bible stories and applicable truths about God’s love for them. Each week, we work hard to intentionally create a loving and safe environment where kids can develop positive relationships.
If working with kids excites you, it’s time to get involved!
Only class leaders are required to be members of Severn Run. However, for the safety of our kids all workers must have a background check on file. Older children are invited to serve with their parents as long as they are at least 5 years older than the children they are serving. You are asked to arrive 20 minutes prior to your serving time. If you’re worried that you might not know enough, don’t worry, we equip you with the resources to establish friendships with the children, and love them well.
Serving opportunities involve:
- Class Leaders: Coordinate lesson plans and activities; Connect with children
- Assistant Leaders: Assist Class Leaders with lessons and activities; Connect with children
- Jr. Assistant Leaders: Assistant Leaders under 18
- Large Group Worship:
- Music Team: Help lead the kids in a time of singing as a form of worship
- Drama Team: Bring the Bible alive with skits and lessons while interacting with the kids in a large group setting
- Tech Team: Help create an exciting environment through sound, lights, & stage design
- VIP Team: Greet, Register, and Check-in Kids
- Kid Time Leaders: Serve weekdays and as-needed to care for and teach kids while parents attend meetings and Connect Groups.
Why We Love Serving with The Kids at Severn Run:
“My role is to support the parents in their job of raising their kids in a Christian environment.” - Bob Jurick
“I learn so much through the kids!” -Pam Korzon-Zangardi
“It’s a need in the church. I have kids and I want to do my part to share the load in the body of Christ.” -Valerie McAdams