Week after week, year after year, people come and go here at the Church at Severn Run. Every Sunday more than a thousand people come to visit us, and we absolutely love it, but as we all know, people bring with them a certain measure of messiness, and that messiness needs someone to clean up...
Week after week, year after year, people come and go here at the Church at Severn Run. Every Sunday more than a thousand people come to visit us, and we absolutely love it, but as we all know, people bring with them a certain measure of messiness, and that messiness needs someone to clean up after it. Have you ever thought about who cleans up after your mess when you spill coffee in the sanctuary, or when your child draws beautiful booger art all over the kids’ room walls? Well, here at Severn Run we have a team of dedicated people who aren’t afraid of grime or germs. Week after week they make sure that we have a clean environment so that you don’t have to worry about where you sit, and that your kids have a clean slate each week, so their creative juices can flow…
Sean DeLair is Severn Run’s Facilities Leader, and we got some information from him about the ministry and what he does, along with some of the teams that you could serve on.
I manage and implement all church projects, make repairs, and perform preventive maintenance on all facility equipment. I also lead the Campus Care Teams. These teams keeps the building and grounds free from any distractions that may hinder the ability to worship and/or connect with the Lord. They also ensure that all areas are clean and disinfected to maintain a healthy place to worship. We also have Blake Kramer who fills a custodial position. He is co-lead for the care teams, focusing mainly on the Sunday Prep and Ready teams.
Here are the Campus Care Teams where volunteers can serve:
- Sunday Prep Team - This team meets every Saturday to touch all areas throughout the church building so it’s ready for Sunday. Preferably we have 4-6 team members.
- Environmental Team - This team serves 15-20 mins on Sundays during the 3 services doing lite campus clean-up inside. We’d like to have 3-6 members each Sunday.
- Grounds Team – This team will kick off in the spring, and will maintain grounds from mowing, weeding, mulching, and grounds care. We’re still determining how many team members we’ll need on a weekly basis.
- Maintenance and Repair Team - This team meets at different times to perform maintenance on various building equipment, and/or to perform minor repair or construction projects. The number of members depends on the project size, so it can vary between 2 to 20 members.
- Ready Team – This team is on call to help with setup and teardown for church wide events, as well as weekly meetings and services. We have 2-3 members on call during various timeframes.
The Care Teams are all critical resources for The Church at Severn Run and its staff, members, guests, community and beyond. They ensure that everything is clean and working properly, and they also play a big part in reducing the church’s operating costs so that church funds can be used more for outreach and support.
If you’re good with your hands, or not afraid of a few germs (or probably both), then we’d love to put you to work helping out around the Severn Run campus. The more people we have, the less time it takes to do the cleaning, and the safer and cleaner it is for our guests each week. If you’re still stuck on the word ‘germs’, don’t worry – we have plenty of gloves to keep your paws clean. We certainly don’t expect you to work around booger sculptures without latex armor and germ-vanquishing gear.
So, who’s ready to suit up? Let us know you’re interested by heading over to severnrunner.info, and checking the box that you want to keep the campus looking spotless, and/or do repair work.